Quick Version Bible Study
“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
The verbatim answer by an Apostle sent from God. "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself"
Since we do not know who today is preaching or teaching truth we must return to the teaching of the apostles because we know they were both taught, and sent by Jesus Himself.
Jesus (the Cornerstone) laid the foundational teaching of THE GOSPEL
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Nine Examples of Conversion in the Scripture
- Acts 2:5-7
- Acts 8:4-13
- Acts 8:26-40
- Acts 9:1-20; 22:16
- Acts 10:34-48
- Acts 16:13-15
- Acts 16:25-34
- Acts 18:8
- Acts 19:1-7
Conclusion: The ANSWER to the QUESTION is quite clear.
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ – specifically in his death, burial and resurrection
- Repent of your sins. Ask him to forgive you of all sin, with a comittment to live for him from now on.
- Be buried with him in water baptism, calling on the name of Jesus.
- Pray to recive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the intial evidence of speaking with other tongues.
This answer is in direct connection to Jesus Sacrifical Death on Calvary
- Repentance = Death
- Baptism = Burial
- Holy Spirit = Resurrection
Important note: you may need to be re-baptized if you were not baptized "in the name of Jesus"
Example of re-baptism and further conversion of believers.
And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Have you recieved the Holy Spirit since you believed?
Here is a list of 5 simple steps to help you recieve the baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Focus your attention on the Lord Jesus Christ in prayer.
- Faith – Have faith to be filled with the Spirit just like the were in the Bible.
- Worship the Lord out loud, passionately until you begin to feel His Spirit.
- Speak out with a new tongue, a language you have never learned.
Quick Bible Study Quiz
Let\'s Start the quiz!
Something about this quiz: Take this short quiz to See What you Learned
You will be asked 10 questions